• In your ketucari's genotype, dapple is denoted by the letters "nDpl" (heterozygous) or "DplDpl" (homozygous).
• In its heterozygous form, dapple has a pass rate of 35%. Homozygous dapple has a 60% pass rate.
Color and Shape
Dapple must be lighter than whatever is beneath it. Shape wise, dapple should resemble spots along the back. Be careful that you don't make the spots too random or small, as that may make it resemble mottling or radiance. It is recommended that you use a brush for this marking, such as the one below.
Dapple has no minimum, but must be extensive enough that it is immediately recognizable. Here is the maximum range for dapple:
Interaction with Other Markings
• Dapple goes over all markings except white marks.
• Dapple can be influenced by inferno, radiance, and segment.
• When paired with sable, the dapple spots may be cut out of the sabled area like on this ketucari:
Here are some small accents you can add to your designs to make them more unique!
• Dapple may have a subtle gradient and/or fade into the base coat like below: